Search This Blog

01 December 2008

Pleasure Triggers

My previous posting on this Blog listed a few of the things that were Irritation Triggers. 

My dear American friend Roberta (one of the three people who read this Blog) commented that I sounded a bit crabby, and perhaps it would be a good idea to list some of the things that give me pleasure. 

So, always ready to oblige, here are just a few of my Pleasure Triggers ...

  • Hearing my 6-year old grandson come out with a new long and complicated word.
  • Listening to said grandson declaring he's going to keep on asking his Dad to stop smoking.

  • Putting up Christmas lights inside and outside the house.
  • Switching them on and finding they all still work.
  • Forgetting that it won't be long before I have to take them all down again.

  • Americans' enthusiasm for their democratic processes.
  • The 2008 results of their enthusiasm.

  • Having some very good friends, both British and American

  • My wife's cooking.
  • Her willingness to keep on doing it.

  • My wife's love.
  • The fact that I'm still the recipient of it after 45 years.

  • Being with children who are happy to see me even when I'm bussing them to school.
  • The appreciation shown to me by their parents.

  • The sight, sound and smell of steam locomotives.
  • Travelling on trains, ancient and modern.

  • My son's sense of humour.
  • Watching my son giving devoted attention to his son.
  • Seeing it reciprocated by my grandson.

  • The beauty of my daughter-in-law.
  • Her good relationship with us.

  • Gazing at the orange and red hues of a winter sunset.
  • Watching George W Bush riding off into it.
Merry Christmas! (Oops - sorry - that's in irrigation trigger: premature Christmas)

1 comment:

Roberta said...

Nice update.


GREAT picture.

R